Special Events Coordinator
The Special Events Coordinator for TheatreOne is a part-time contracted hire who has a background and education in events management. Reporting to the General Manager, and working closely with the Publicist/Box Office and volunteers, the successful candidate will have excellent communication skills, marketing expertise and team spirit. This position will focus on raising the organizational profile of TheatreOne as well as funds for the society via a successful Bite of Nanaimo 2017 and other prospective events.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide leadership in the planning, coordination, and evaluation of TheatreOne’s large-scale food and beverage fundraiser, The Bite of Nanaimo
- Outreach to vendors, sponsors, volunteers and logistics reps, inspiring participation
- Respond to enquiries about October 20 event, liaising with participants and stakeholders
- Maintain, organize and manage efficient task completion to generate maximum revenue and exposure, completing admin duties such as registration, contracts etc.
- Monitor event budget and coordination schedule
- Maintain records and database for event contacts, guest lists, food service arrangements, menu planning, decorations and other logistics
- Mentor volunteers and appreciate contribution
- Report on progress and post-event feedback
- Maintain records for subsequent projects, campaigns and initiatives
- Assist with development, management and evaluation of new events
- temporary part time contract fee of $2500
- work starting in July and ending in October 2017
- flexible hours estimated at 5-20 per week based on event coordination requirements
- potential of further work pending successful execution of duties and viability of new special events envisioned for subsequent dates
Send cover letter and résumé to Eliza Gardiner, General Manager: email@example.com
(C) TheatreOne 2014
Office Address: Centre for the Arts - 60 Wharf St. Nanaimo BC.
Mailing Address: 150 Commercial St. Nanaimo, BC V9R 5G6
Phone: 250.754.7587 Fax: 250.754.9908
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm