Name of Event or Job Title: Bite of Nanaimo - Event Coordination Assistants
Date(s): Ongoing until our Friday, October 20 gourmet food and beverage festival at Beban Park Auditorium
- 2-6 special events support people to assist with coordination of 25th annual fundraiser
- regular weekly commitment of 2-6hrs, in the TheatreOne office and in the community
- work with events team and generally support envisioning and tasks completion
- ticketing - filing, data entry, and generating tickets sales reports and packages to patrons
- marketing – preparing promotional materials and social media publicity
- admin - printing, organizing, and managing event documents and correspondence
- benefits of the position include hands-on experience in event coordination, customer relations, fundraising, outreach, planning and organization
- suits dedicated individual for short term, various activities, great team environment
This position requires focus and the ability to multi-task, and is suited for a person who likes to be task-oriented while raising funds for creative initiatives. Knowledge of theatre, non-profit societies, and special events management are assets. Specific duties include: processing ticket orders, prepping and dropping off promo materials, printing and organizing signage, preparing door prizes and silent auction baskets, taking inventory and gathering supplies, answering telephone, helping with load in/set up, hosting at the event itself, and more!
(C) TheatreOne 2014
Office Address: Centre for the Arts - 60 Wharf St. Nanaimo BC.
Mailing Address: 150 Commercial St. Nanaimo, BC V9R 5G6
Phone: 250.754.7587 Fax: 250.754.9908
Office Hours: Monday - Friday 10am - 4pm